Delivery on site – Australia Wide
This course is ideal for those who work in the education and childcare industry, as well as parents and carers of young children. The Education and Care First Aid course is nationally recognised training and has been endorsed by ACECQA as satisfying all education requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training.
- Legal Issues and Infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma
This course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
*Note, it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment for the following unit of competence:
HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
*Note: This unit of competence incorporates the content of HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid, HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Life Support, HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
Three (3) years from the date of course. It is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council that the CPR component of this course be updated every 12 months
An application for refund of course fees must be made in writing to Australian Lifesaver Training. Where cancellation is made less than ten (10) working days prior to the commencement of a course, 50% of the course fees will be charged. Participants who leave before finishing the course or do not commence their course without submitting a written refund request will be charged the full course fees.