‘Hands-on’ Manual Handling program
This training is a ‘hands-on’ manual handling program to educate workers on the essential theory followed by a practical application of these concepts in their workplace.
- An overview of Manual Handling risk factors (for individuals and task related)
- Risk Management process (i.e. identify, assess, control and review the risk of MSD’s in hazardous manual handling)
- Practical solutions to manual handling in the workplace
- Basic body mechanics (including structure of the back)
- Safe lifting techniques and using mechanical aids
This session will include a walk around the work area to apply the theory to their work tasks.